Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Famous Oatmeal Cookies

These are one of my dad's favorite cookies so I made them for Father's Day

This is my grandma's recipe that I found in my mom's recipe box


Ingredients:

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar 
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups oats


Preheat oven to 350
Beat shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together until creamy
Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda add to creamed mixture 
Stir in oats
Drop on greased cookie sheet 
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes




You can also add some chocolate chips, coconut or raisins to make them more flavorful

They are really good but my dad isn't a fan of raisins so mine were just plain





:)  :)  :)  :) 
 Culinary Artist in Training  
:)  :)  :)  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment