Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Apple Almond Pancakes

I have been making Saturday morning pancakes for over a year now.

I usually make them from the "just add water" bag mix,
but I wanted something new so I went on a program
that I have on my computer called Master Cook.

I made cookies the day before and used all the sugar,
so my biggest problem I had was I had to find a recipe
that I had all the ingredients for.

This was the very first recipe that popped up and I had all the ingredients
and I figured it would either be a hit or a miss.




This recipe I made this past weekend and my mom posted pictures on face book.

Apparently people liked the pics because I have had about 5 requests
for apple almond pancakes to be my next blog.

So to please the people here is the recipe :)


First you will need,


1/2 cup whole-wheat flour

1/2 cup unbleached flour

1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, separated
4 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup chopped almonds


Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
Beat egg yolks with oil, buttermilk
(I didn't have buttermilk so I used vanilla yogurt instead)
and apple juice. 


Stir into flour mixture with nuts until all ingredients
are moistened (do not over stir).
Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
Spoon onto a hot, greased griddle and turn once when bubbles appear.
Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.

Source: Bountiful Breakfasts


Since I come from a family of 7, I tripled the recipe and it was still delicious:)

So there is the magnificent Apple Almond Pancake recipe!!!!!!!!!!!


Enjoy :)

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  Culinary Artist in Training  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe! These sound fabulous! We are going to try the recipe this weekend and I'll let you know how they turn out! Hope you are doing well!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a recipe for Pizza Cupcakes for you!!
    http://kirbiecravings.com/2012/04/pizza-cupcakes.html

    Have fun baking your cookies tomorrow

    ReplyDelete