Saturday, May 25, 2013

Caramel Chex with Chocolate Drizzle



I really didn't choose this recipe my mom just told me to make something with our leftover Chex

I didn't use the right kind of Chex because I used up the stuff I had but it doesn't really make a difference

Ingredients
3cups Corn Chex® cereal
3cups Rice Chex® cereal
1/2bag (14-oz size) caramels (about 25)
2tablespoons butter or margarine
2tablespoons milk
1/4cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation Directions
1.In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals.
2.In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels, butter and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereals; gently stir until evenly coated.
3.Microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until just beginning to brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
4.In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over snack. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight container.


They are really good but they are kind of messy while eating

I like them a lot and the caramel doesn't get stuck in my braces

And the kids liked them because they had caramel and chocolate

Hope you like my recipes


  :)  :)  :)  :) Culinary Artist in Training :)  :)  :)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment