Friday, May 31, 2013

Thin Mint Truffles


Today was my last day of school and I was home by 9:30 : D

I came home and did some research (on Pinterest) and found this recipe 

I have been wanting to make truffles for a while now and had all of the ingredients for this

They were really good but make sure you DO NOT add to much milk or you won't be able to roll it

And I used Mint Chocolate chocolate melts to add more mint flavor

Here is the recipe



Ingredients:
  • 1 1/8 c. AP flour
  • 7 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 c. Sugar
  • 1/4 c. Butter
  • 2 oz. cream cheese
  • splash of Vanilla
  • 1 tsp. Peppermint extract*
  • 3-5 Tbsp. Milk (more if necessary)
  • At least 8 oz. melted dipping chocolate (the darker the better)
Instructions:
  1. Using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer, mix all ingredients together except for the milk.
  2. Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time, until dough is a manageable consistency for scooping and rolling.
  3. Scoop out 1 tsp at a time of the dough, roll into balls. Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, until firm.
  4. Dip in melted dipping chocolate, let harden on wax paper.




They are really good especially because this is my first time making any kind of truffle



I plain on making several blogs this summer but it will be hard I'm sorry if I don't do as many as I planned

One of the things I will definitely make is Amish friendship bread

Thanks for reading

  :)  :)  :) Culinary Artist In Training :)  :)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment